Nowadays, if anybody brings up touring from Manila to Cebu, our minds take us to the skies. I do know this as a result of once I talked about to my household and mates that I used to be Cebu-bound, they assumed with out query that I might be checking in at an airport. However they have been mistaken. As a result of this time round, I’m taking my love for journey to the seas!
Cebu is among the hottest locations within the nation. Whereas many would instinctively seek for flights a prospect of a Cebu journey, there are nonetheless rather a lot on the market preferring touring by sea. Sure, the journey time is for much longer nevertheless it comes with a number of perks, too. First, year-round fares are sometimes cheaper. Second, baggage allowance is waaaay bigger. Third, when you e-book a contemporary ship, it often comes with facilities that can assist you burn these hours.
I lately received to expertise touring from Manila to Cebu on board MV 2GO Maligaya, one among 2GO Journey’s latest fleet members. On this article, we’ll share with you sail to Cebu with 2GO Journey!
WHAT’S COVERED IN THIS GUIDE?
2GO Journey has two vessels that plies the Manila-Cebu route: the St. Therese of Little one Jesus and the newer, extra fashionable MV 2GO Maligaya. Each sail to Cebu twice per week. Right here’s their full schedule as of this writing.
Beneath is 2GO Journey’s Manila-Cebu schedule as of July 2022.
That stated, be aware that timings can change quick so please contact 2GO Journey instantly or do a fake reserving on their website for the newest timetable.
MV 2GO MALIGAYA (New Vessel)
MANILA TO CEBU Schedule
- Wednesday Departure
Departure (Manila): Wednesday, 6:00 PM
Arrival (Cebu): Thursday, 4:00 PM
Journey time: 22 hours
- Sunday Departure
Departure (Manila): Sunday, 6:00 AM
Arrival (Cebu): Monday, 4:00 AM
Journey time: 22 hours
CEBU TO MANILA Schedule
- Tuesday Departure
Departure (Cebu): Tuesday, 10:00 AM
Arrival (Manila): Wednesday, 8:00 AM
Journey time: 22 hours
- Friday Departure
Departure (Cebu): Friday, 10:00PM
Arrival (Manila): Saturday, 8:00PM
Journey time: 22 hours
MV ST. THERESE OF THE CHILD JESUS
MANILA TO CEBU Schedule
- Monday Departure
Departure (Manila): Monday, 9:30 AM
Arrival (Cebu): Tuesday, 12:00 PM
Journey time: 26.5 hours
- Thursday Departure (through Batangas)
Departure (Manila): Thursday, 6:00 PM / 6:30 PM
Arrival (Cebu): Saturday, 01:00 AM
Journey time: 31 hours
CEBU TO MANILA Schedule
- Tuesday Departure (through Butuan)
Departure (Manila): Tuesday, 3:00 PM
Arrival (Cebu): Thursday, 10:00 AM
Journey time: 43 hours
- Saturday Departure (through Ozamis)
Departure (Manila): Saturday, 4:30 AM
Arrival (Cebu): Monday, 01:30 AM
Journey time: 45 hours
The ticket costs fluctuate relying on the kind of lodging you like to e-book. 2GO additionally has a dynamic ticket pricing so costs change primarily based on many elements together with how shut your reserving date is to your supposed journey date.
We did a fast verify when reserving 1 month forward and right here’s what we discovered for Manila-Cebu route:
- MV 2GO MALIGAYA
Worth Class / Vacationer Class: P1467 (all in)
- MV ST. THERESE OF THE CHILD JESUS
Worth Class: P1467 (all in)
Vacationer Cabin: P1667 (all in)
All lodging varieties are priced per mattress besides the Stateroom, which is booked as a room and comes with 2 tickets.
Not like different 2GO vessels, all lodging on MV 2GO Maligaya are air-conditioned. All 2GO Maligaya tickets are additionally inclusive of all meals on board relying on the schedule of your journey.
We’ll be making a separate publish breaking down the completely different lodging lessons and kinds onboard!
You may e-book through 2GO retailers and through the 2GO web site.
You may additionally contact 2GO at (+63 2) 8528-7000 for extra info.
The passenger terminal for MV 2GO Maligaya is at Pier 4 of Manila North Harbor.
- By Taxi or Seize. Probably the most handy choice is to experience a cab or e-book a Seize. Simply pin North Harbor Pier 4 Zaragoza Gate as your vacation spot.
- By Public Transportation. Make your solution to LRT Carriedo Station. From right here, stroll in direction of Evangelista Road and experience a jeepney certain for North Harbor. Get off close to Jollibee North Harbor. Then, stroll to Zaragoza Gate (or hail a tricycle).
Upon arrival on the port, you should observe these steps strictly to be able to board your vessel:
- Arrive on the passenger terminal early. When you have cargo or checked baggage, you should verify in at the least 4 (4) hours to be able to clear safety inspection in time.
- Current your ticket upon arrival on the passenger terminal. You might not be allowed to enter the terminal with out proof of reserving.
- Pay the terminal price. Discover the terminal price counter to settle this.
- Have your temperature checked. Earlier than coming into the departure space, your temperature will probably be checked.
- Current your ticket and legitimate ID. On the check-in counter, current your ticket and legitimate ID to the agent/employees. For the record of accepted IDs, see the FAQs part in direction of the top of this text.
- Look ahead to boarding at designated space. Passengers will probably be knowledgeable when it’s time for boarding.
- Board the ship. You’ll stroll to the ship and climb up the steps for boarding. Upon boarding the ship, current your ticket to the employees, who will ask you to attend on the foyer. When your title is known as, you can be proven to your room.
- Test in to your room. You’re going to get a key when you’re staying in vacationer, enterprise class, or stateroom lodging.
- Disembark at Cebu Port. The ship will dock at Cebu Port. There will probably be an announcement when the ship is arriving on the port and when it’s time to disembark. When the fitting time comes, go down the identical stairs you climbed up if you boarded the ship.
From the port, the easiest way to get to the town heart, particularly when you’ve got baggage is to take a taxi or e-book a Seize experience. Seize automobile charges from the port to lodges in Cebu Metropolis or Mandaue Metropolis fall between P150 and 250.
What are the well being and security protocols on board?
Upon boarding, you should verify your temperature with the thermal scanner by the doorway.
Whereas on board, everyone seems to be required to put on a face masks except you’re consuming. Workers stored reminding passengers who weren’t carrying their face masks correctly whereas going across the vessel. You’ll discover alcohol dispensers on the eating areas and different frequent areas.
What are the necessities when crusing with 2GO Journey to Cebu?
The next are the necessities for fully-vaccinated vacationers to Cebu Metropolis:
- Printed copy of the eTicket Itinerary Receipt.
- Legitimate ID (see record of accepted IDs within the subsequent part)
- Vaccination card/certificates with QR code
For unvaccinated or partially vaccinated vacationers, the next are additionally required (as of Might 2022):
- Detrimental RT-PCR check consequence from a DOH-accredited laboratory taken inside 72 hours; OR
- Detrimental antigen/ saliva check consequence from a DOH-accredited laboratory taken inside 48 hours; AND
- Accredited S-Go
As well as, the LGU of your last vacation spot may want extra paperwork from you. Word that Cebu Metropolis, Mandaue Metropolis, Lapu-Lapu Metropolis and the remainder of Cebu Province have completely different units of necessities, relying in your objective and vaccination standing.
You could verify 2GO Travel’s Advisory page for the newest bulletins. Nevertheless it’s greatest to contact the LGU instantly.
What sorts of ID are accepted by 2GO Journey?
- Philippine Passport
- Driver’s License
- PRC ID
- GSIS Card
- SSS Card
- Postal ID
- Voter’s ID
- OWWA ID
- OFW ID
- Seaman’s E-book
- OSCA ID
- Firearms License
- Scholar’s ID
- POEA Card
- TIN ID
- BIR Taxpayer’s ID
- PhilHealth Card
- NBI Clearance
- Police Clearance
How a lot baggage can I deliver onboard?
Every passenger paying the total fare is allowed to have hand baggage weighing as much as 50 kg. (Yep, 50 kilos.)
As for the dimensions, it shouldn’t be over 20 inches tall and 30 inches huge per piece. The hand baggage ought to match the designated lodging space and mustn’t hinder different passengers.
Are there showers on board on MV 2GO Maligaya?
Sure. Bathe rooms with a number of bathe cubicles can be found at every lodging space.
On MV 2GO Maligaya’s Deck 5, the bathe space and bathroom space are shared by passengers within the Mega Worth Class, Vacationer Premium, and Enterprise Class Premium.
Bathe rooms and bathrooms are additionally obtainable on Deck 6, close to the Enterprise Class for two and Enterprise Class for 4 rooms. Staterooms has their very own rest room with a bath contained in the room.
Will they supply towels and blankets?
Towels, linens, and blankets are supplied for enterprise class and stateroom passengers. For Mega Worth Class and Vacationer Premium, these should not included, however they’re obtainable for lease on board.
You’re additionally free to deliver and use your individual.
Is there obtainable meals on board?
Sure. Every ticket is inclusive of meals on board. The meals to be served depend upon the schedule of your journey. Our scheduled departure was at 6:00PM and the meals included was dinner and breakfast and lunch the following day.
Based on 2GO, in situations of delays, passengers don’t have to fret about meals as a result of meals will probably be served for so long as they’re on board.
On MV 2GO Maligaya, meals are served in Island Fiesta for Mega Worth and Vacationer passengers, whereas Enterprise Class and Stateroom passengers can have their meals in Horizon Cafe.
Passengers can also have their meals contained in the room. Throughout time for dinner, employees knocks on doorways to ship meals and passengers could devour it there as a substitute of getting to go to Island Fiesta or Horizon Cafe.
Is there a retailer on board the place we are able to purchase snacks?
Sure, on each vessels.
On MV 2GO Maligaya, a comfort retailer known as Quikmart is open. Biscuits, chips, and cup noodles can be found. You can even get juice, bottled water, beer, and different drinks right here.
Different snacks like sandwiches, siomai, and siopao are additionally obtainable at Island Fiesta. There are additionally cold and warm water stations the place you may get free water refills and sizzling water in your prompt noodles or espresso.
Are pets allowed on the vessel?
Sure, pets and different animals are allowed so long as (1) they aren’t endangered species, (2) they’re correctly caged, and (3) they’ve all the mandatory paperwork.
Please get in contact with 2GO instantly for the particular paperwork or permits wanted.
What was it wish to sail with 2GO? How was the expertise?
OK, to begin with, full disclosure, our journey was organized for us by 2GO Journey itself, however I’ll nonetheless be as goal as I can.
Personally, I’ve by no means skilled touring on a ship prior this ship. A couple of individuals I do know have by no means tried and even thought-about touring this manner as a result of they have been afraid of the considered being within the open sea and feeling large waves whereas on board. I actually isn’t fearful of waves and I don’t get sea sick simply. However when you’re a type of individuals, I don’t assume you must fear a lot about it. I didn’t actually really feel the vessel transfer for probably the most half. It felt like I used to be in a lodge on land.
What I used to be involved about was the lengthy journey time and the opportunity of being uninterested in nothing to do on the ship. The journey from Manila to Cebu took us virtually 24 hours, however surprisingly and fortunately, I didn’t get bored at any level. Actions and facilities on board would preserve you occupied for a lot of the journey and it may make you are feeling prefer it’s already part of your trip.
Header picture furnished by 2GO Journey
First up: 2️⃣0️⃣2️⃣2️⃣ • 7️⃣ • 3️⃣