When somebody mentions strawberries, what’s the primary place that involves thoughts? Should you’re something like me, then it’s likely Baguio Metropolis. Or La Trinidad. Or Benguet as an entire. Simply the sight and scent of those luscious fruits appear to teleport my thoughts to the north. However which may not be the case for southies like me.
On our latest Tagaytay-Batangas street journey, as we had been scouring the world for fruits, we discovered a couple of vibrant pink nook hid within the again roads of Alfonso, Cavite. And this place isn’t just a strawberry retailer. It’s additionally a farm. And a bed-and-breakfast. And an occasions venue. And a restaurant. As luck would have it, we had been fairly famished, too! And that’s how we ended up in a moderately out-of-the-way fruity eating spot known as Queens Strawberry Farm.
Interested in what else to see and do at Queens Strawberry Farm? Listed below are a number of the issues to know earlier than you go.
Oh, by the way in which, we even have a video model of this put up. Should you’d moderately watch than learn, then simply play:
WHAT’S COVERED IN THIS GUIDE?
Queens Strawberry Farm is a farm-to-table agri-tourism complicated composed of a farm, restaurant, and B&B. Guests get to not solely pattern their merchandise but in addition be reoriented about farming by way of completely different actions like strawberry choosing (if in season) and rod fishing.
Most guests come right here to dine at its restaurant — Queens Restaurant — which takes delight in infusing strawberries in most of the objects on its menu – from its salads (with strawberry French dressing) to desserts (strawberry cheesecake and buko strawberry pie) to drinks (strawberry milkshake). But it surely’s not a easy cafe or milkshake bar. It’s a correct restaurant with a wealthy menu that spans all-day breakfasts to heavy proteins like its signature six-hour smoked pork stomach and bulalo.
- American breakfast set – P360
smoked lechon stomach bacon, 3 pancakes and a pair of eggs
- Queens salad – P360
Romaine, arugula, lollo rosso, turnips, carrots, cucumber, strawberry, parmesan, and bacon in strawberry French dressing
- Queens smoked pork stomach platter – P990
6-hour smoked pork stomach with smoked Hungarian sausage and sauteed greens
(Good for 4-5)
- Crunchy pork sisig – P330
Grilled pork cheeks and stomach with chicharon, caramelized onions and sisig sauce
(Good for 2-3)
- Strawberry cheesecake – P200 / slice
Cream cheese, whipped cream and recent strawberries on graham crust
All-Day Silog Units
- Daing na Bangus, P220
- Longganisa, P220
- Beef Tapa, P270
- Smoked Lechon Stomach Bacon, P270
Every is for sharing.
- Queens Smoked Pork Stomach Platter, P990
- Entire Roast Rooster & Greens, P610
- Kare-Kare, P480
- Crunchy Pork Sisig, P330
- Bulalo, P550
- Sinigang na Hipon, P475
- Thai Crispy Fish with Tamarind Sauce, P360
- Strawberry cheesecake (slice), P200
- Barako espresso jelly (cup), P120
- Strawberry chocolate mousse (cup), P190
See the complete menu under!
- 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM
NOTE: The opening schedule may change so it’s finest to examine the official Fb Web page or contact the administration for the newest replace relating to opening hours earlier than going.
As typical, weekdays. Should you can’t assist visiting on a weekend or vacation, simply go there early to keep away from the gang and the heavy visitors that often begins at round 10:00 AM.
We went on a Sunday throughout lunchtime so we needed to wait in line for a couple of minutes earlier than we had been assigned a desk. In addition they did an excellent job inserting friends strategically so social distancing may nonetheless be noticed.
For individuals who plan to go strawberry choosing and rod fishing, go to within the morning or late afternoon to keep away from the scorching warmth of the solar. However reserve a slot upfront.
Queens Strawberry Farm is situated in Sitio Hawilian 2, Barangay Upli, Alfonso, Cavite. It’s typically marketed as “close to Tagaytay” as a result of it’s, lower than quarter-hour from key Tagaytay landmarks like Sky Ranch or Mendez Crossing or lower than 20 minutes from Olivarez.
Should you’re coming from Manila, right here’s the way to get there:
- By Public Transportation. From Parañaque Built-in Terminal Trade (PITX), board a bus certain for Tagaytay or Nasugbu. Alight at Shell Station throughout Splendido Taal. There’s a tricycle terminal on the aspect of the street (Alilio Drive). Experience a tricycle and inform the motive force that you will Queens Strawberry Farm.
- By Personal Automobile. Take SLEX or CAVITEX and keep on the primary street till you attain Tagaytay-Nasugbu Freeway. That you must flip proper to the street (pictured under) simply earlier than you attain Splendido Taal or Shell (adjoining to the street resulting in Barangay Upli). Drive straight forward till you attain Queens Strawberry Farm. Higher but, simply use Google Maps or Waze app for the precise instructions and to see the present visitors state of affairs.
Sure. Nevertheless, slots can simply be crammed in throughout weekends and holidays.
Anyway, the street the place you may entry Queens Strawberry Farm is just not a busy street, so in case the designated parking space is full, you may park on the aspect of the street or wherever the employees will lead you.
Beneath is Queens Strawberry Farm new regular system:
- Enter the complicated. When you’ve discovered a parking slot, enter the farm complicated. The restaurant is a brief stroll from the doorway however you’ll discover a bakeshop first. Make a cease there first.
- Accomplish contact tracing type. Upon entrance, there’s a safety guard to your proper, the place the bakeshop is situated. There’s a QR code scanner when you want to do it on-line OR take one type from the field if you wish to do it manually. Use your individual pen. If you’re a bunch, one consultant will do. Present the affirmation message to the safety personnel.
- Physique temperature scanning. You can be requested to scan your physique temperature. If regular (under 37.5ºC), you’ll be allowed entrance.
- Stroll to the restaurant. It’s on the finish of the trail. The primary entrance is fronted by a koi pond.
- Get listed. Strategy the reception and inform them what number of you’re on the group. If there’s an obtainable desk, they’ll lead you to it. In any other case, you’ll be pointed to the ready nook.
Take pleasure in your meal!
For the restaurant, reservations usually are not wanted. Stroll-in friends are welcome. They do settle for reservations, although, when you really feel like will probably be packed throughout your go to.
If you wish to keep in a single day on the farm and avail of their bed-and-breakfast service, you might want to e book upfront to safe one of many two rooms.
If you wish to go rod fishing, you might want to e book your fishing timeslot on the official web site. You additionally want reservations for occasions and seminars.
Nevertheless, in case you are solely planning to go to the farm on a day tour, dine on the Queens Restaurant, or purchase one thing from the bakeshop, chances are you’ll simply go forward and go to even with out advance reservation.
Absolutely vaccinated senior residents are welcome in addition to children, throughout our go to. Pets are additionally allowed within the al fresco eating space.
The farm’s open area is ideal for out of doors actions that cater to everybody — households, mates, and companions.
REMINDER: Protocols regularly change, so be sure to contact the administration first if they’re (nonetheless or already) accepting friends under 18 years outdated and above 65 years outdated.
We solely got here right here for lunch and didn’t attempt the opposite actions. And we wished to have a style of a lot of what they needed to provide so our workforce ordered all of the bestsellers (highlighted pink on the menu).
Queens salad (P360) was the primary to succeed in our desk. Served on a flat white plate, the mattress of greens — composed primarily of Romaine lettuce, lollo rosso and arugula, topped with jicama, carrots, bacon and strawberries, dressed with parmesan cheese and strawberry French dressing, one among their signature merchandise. Whereas the French dressing was polarizing amongst our group, all of us agreed that the substances had been all recent, crunchy, and attractive. We may inform that the greens had been homegrown! Even I and one other companion who usually don’t choose salads beloved the dish. It was a extremely promising begin!
It took 40 minutes for the subsequent dish to reach — crispy pork sisig (P330) — product of grilled pork blended with onions and topped with crimson and inexperienced chili and chicharon, served on a scorching plate. Style-wise, it has all of the flavors of the normal sisig. However texture-wise, it’s a wee bit completely different due to the reduce of the meat. This makes use of pork cheeks and stomach (with out pig’s ears), extra finely damaged down — nearer to floor than chopped (or perhaps chopped rather more finely, undecided). So it felt completely different within the mouth texturally, however nonetheless tasted near conventional.
Subsequent was the American breakfast set (P360), which consists of a stack of three pancakes, smoked lechon stomach bacon, and two eggs. The pancakes had been ethereal and fluffy however they will need to have been sitting on the plate for fairly some time earlier than it was served as a result of it had already absorbed the syrup that got here with it. However the recent strawberries on prime supplied the tanginess that complimented the sweetness very well. One have a look at the bacon, then again, and we knew it wasn’t the same old sort we may get from the grocery store. The strips had an awesome ratio of meat and fats, they usually had been well-seasoned and crispy. However smokey it was NOT. It was virtually devoid of any smokiness, which was too dangerous as a result of it’s one thing that I beloved essentially the most about bacon.
The most important dish, in fact, was the Queens pork stomach platter (P990), which was smoked for six hours earlier than adorning with smoked Hungarian sausage and sauteed veggies. This was the costliest merchandise on the menu and was extremely advisable by the employees, so the expectations had been excessive. And it delivered, for my part. The meat was so tender, each chunk was an explosion of porkiness, even for the laziest of chewers.
The strawberry cheesecake (P200/slice) has your typical cafe chain cheesecake base (neither ethereal nor dense), saved by the scrumptious sour-sweet-combo of their home made strawberry jam. It sits on a Graham crust and served with whipped cream and sliced strawberries.
Now let’s discuss their milkshakes! We ordered two flavors. The strawberry milkshake (P190) was the correct combination of milky and fruity, and it makes use of recent strawberries, at the least for essentially the most half. If there was any unnatural flavoring there, it was principally dominated by the recent strawberries. However the mango milkshake (P190) did style awfully synthetic. We didn’t detect any recent mangoes there in any respect.
OK, earlier than we transfer on, let me handle the 40-minute hole between the primary two dishes. We had been shocked as a result of we may see that they flipped tables quick. All the opposite tables subsequent to us had been served rapidly so we knew that service right here was environment friendly. The wait employees had been additionally very pleasant and approachable. However in fact, wonderful service, regardless of how wonderful, isn’t excellent. Typically one thing slips and it simply so occurred that it was us who needed to expertise it. Maybe our order acquired misplaced within the kitchen as a result of it was a busy time however sure, it did take 40 minutes for the second dish to reach, even after a number of followups.
However when the employees realized we had been ready that lengthy, they had been actually apologetic and tried to make it up for it by keeping track of our order this time and giving us one thing to munch on as we waited. So, it wasn’t that massive of a problem. Issues like this occur, and for us, it’s actually the way you cope with the state of affairs they usually responded to it very well.
In addition to, as a result of there have been different issues to do right here, I didn’t actually thoughts the lengthy wait. I simply used the time to take snaps at a few of their photograph spots and I acquired to discover the farm.
The query is: WILL WE RETURN?
And the reply to that’s, sure.
Total, the meals was a hit-or-miss for us. Curiously, it was the savory mains that we beloved greater than the strawberry-flavored dessert and drink. However at the least, subsequent time, we all know what to order. And regardless of that one hiccup, the service was nonetheless good as a result of the employees members had been all well mannered. The atmosphere was fairly good too, acceptable for households and barkada journeys.
- Put on a face masks always besides when consuming.
- All the time observe social distancing.
- Costs are inclusive of VAT. A ten% service cost can be added to your invoice.
- The rod fishing charge is inclusive of the apron, fishing hook, bait, and information.
- It’s essential to at all times put on an apron when fishing.
- Youngsters under 10 years outdated usually are not allowed to fish except accompanied by an grownup.
- Carry safety from the solar like hats, shades/sun shades, and sunscreen, particularly in case you are visiting at midday and when the solar is just too intense.
- Be thoughtful. Should you occur to go to throughout peak hours and you’re already had your fill, don’t linger too lengthy to present approach for the opposite diners.
- Pregnant girls and people with well being dangers/comorbidities usually are not allowed to enter the premises.
- Contact the administration first earlier than going for the newest opening hours and entrance restrictions.
- Stroll-ins are allowed, however reservations are wanted for mattress and breakfast service, rod fishing exercise, and occasions.
For inquiries and occasions reservations/reserving, chances are you’ll contact the administration by way of any of the next:
- E-mail Tackle: [email protected]
- Cell Quantity: 0948 841 7161
- Official Web site: www.queenstrawberryfarm.com
- Fb Web page: Queens Strawberry Farm (@queenstrawberryfarm)
- Instagram: Queens Strawberry Farm (@queenstrawberryfarm)
- PNP: 117
- Alfonso PNP: (046) 522-0800 / 0906 536 6135 / 0998 967 3364
- Alfonso Hearth Station: (046) 522-0480 / 0915 602 2113 / 0929 663 2424
- Alfonso Hospital: 415-0190 / 0917 306 2419
- DOH COVID-19 Hotline: (02) 894-26843 or (02) 894-COVID / 1555 (For PLDT, Sensible, Solar, and TNT Subscribers)
2022 • 03 • 13